For sale is an unusual Edwardian hand pulled milk cart. The milk cart has two large churns, on of which with a badge stating "Dairy Outfit Co Kings Cross London". The front of the milk cart has the royal coat of arms, signifying that the company had the royal charter. This cart has a small secret compartment underneath, we believe this was used to carry the money collecting while on the milk round. The cart is in its original condition, with all of its original paintwork and decoration etc. We believe this cart to be slightly earlier than the other ones we have available. Date wise we believe it to be circa 1902. The cart once belong to Lord Rayleigh Farms, who owned 8,000 acres of farmland in Essex and Suffolk and supplied milk to the people of London, including the royal household. Measures: Width 56" x depth 37" x height 64" When the great agricultural depression of the 1880s came, ruining many tenant farmers and causing them to abandon their farms it was physicist John Strutt, 3rd Baron Rayleigh at the helm. Fortuitously, his younger brother, Edward Strutt, was a keen farmer and countryman, so in partnership with his brother they took the land in hand and farmed it under the name of Lord Rayleigh’s Farms. Edward Strutt was an outstandingly successful farmer and businessman; the secret of his success was establishing the mixed (arable and dairy) farming system. All costs, including the cows’ feed to individual milk yields were meticulously recorded to enable informed management decision making, and implement economies. His success at Terling soon came to the notice of other landowners, who asked him to manage their land.